Special Terror Alert Bulletin 1/2
This afternoon’s terror attack in the Westminster area of London remains an ongoing incident. Media reports thus far indicate the following summary of events:
- A police officer has been stabbed in the Houses of Parliament in central London
- The alleged assailant was shot by armed police
- Witnesses report seeing several people being “mowed down” by a vehicle on Westminster Bridge (two fatalities have been reported at this time)
- Footage on social media shows people lying in the road
- Metropolitan Police say they are treating it as a terrorist incident and buildings are in lockdown
Parliament and several other iconic sites within the Westminster area remain on lockdown, and Westminster tube station is closed. Some customer premises within the Westminster district may also presently be on lockdown, although others located outside of the immediate secure zone, may not be affected. Corps Security’s operations teams are in contact with relevant customer sites affected by the incident, and are providing support to our Site Security Management, and security officer teams.
Until all the facts relating to the incident are fully known, we urge all readers with premises in Central London to maintain the highest levels of vigilance, paying special attention to access control, as well as to the reporting of any suspicious activity around premises. Those customers with premises in Central London will likely find disruption to public transport throughout this evening.
The following telephone numbers may be useful:
- Corps Security Central Support – 0141 847 2044
- Specific advice on Counter-Terrorism matters: 020 7566 0516
Mike Bluestone CSyP